Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy News!

I am happy to announce that I have some great news.

1) My oldest dresses himself 100% (except for dress shirts and snaps/buttons on pants), all by himself. This, of course, means that he changes his clothes multiple times a day—the clothes are too dirty, he can't find his socks, or something is a little uncomfortable. I think the trigger was the new pair of Lightening McQueen (pronounced "uh-kwEEn" or "nuh-kwEEn") tennis shoes. I got them a little big because he has one foot that is a little larger than the other, but they have no laces or velcro.

2) The youngest sleeps through the night and only nurses once or twice a day. We can usually distract him away from nursing the other times he asks. He is also eating much better meals, though he still doesn't eat meat or cheese or drink milk (he does like yogurt, plain or otherwise).

3) I submitted a draft of my prospectus, and I think it is much better. But we'll wait to see.

4) My husband and I have been married 6 years today. (Great times, even with the stress of the job search. I would do it again in an instant.)

5) And speaking of the job search, we have stopped searching and signed a contract with a state school in the midwest. It is scary to think that we are almost done with this phase of our lives (not really, because I still have to finish the dissertation before we are fully done). I've started stressing about kindergartens and neighborhoods and safety. It is nice to know where we will be for the next 7 years at least.

All in all, life is good for us. Thanks for your prayers.

5 comments:

Danielle Strong said...

We are so excited for you. Congratulations!

Dr. Genevieve Ford said...

You did it! You've decided? That's awesome! One more reason for me to be a normal girl.

Cecily said...

Yep, we signed the contract on Tuesday. Now all we have to do is figure out summer jobs so we know when to move.

Kris said...

That's it?!! Where's the 'we're normal!!!' post? That was so understated I almost missed it! If you need someone with a little more enthusiasm for your 'we've got a job we won't be starving in the hedgerows' post, I'd be happy to be a free-lance poster. I will, of course, charge you an arm, a leg, and a loaf of fresh bread. Maybe some homemade cheese too.

Swanky Mommy said...

Congrats! Yeah! :)