Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Meet Rockstar
or maybe it is Rock Star; I'm not sure. But I know you would like to meet her. The only problem is that I am way behind on pictures, so I'll write this post with all the places for the pictures to be, and maybe, just maybe, I'll come back later and insert them. If not, it will still be a post worth reading.
F. is potty training again. (Do you remember my fiasco with training last year?) He has been asking me to wear underwear since before Christmas and I kept putting it off. But in the past few weeks he has started waking up at 4:00 ish to have his diaper changed. (Since I'm still not sleeping through the night--I know, my own fault--it left me cranky and very tired.) So I decided to do the prep-work for a second try. I read Potty Training in One Day, Toilet Training with No Tears, and skimmed a few others. I decided to compile what I liked (modeling with the doll, lots of treats, total focus for one day, try to be stress free) and what I didn't ("Grandma would be sad that you peed your pants", potty training to the clock) and try it out.
Since I liked the doll idea, I looked online for something cheap and water proof. Nothing. I headed to Target and picked up a $13 bath doll.
But since she only had a diaper, I needed to make some underwear for her so that F. could help her change her underwear and such. I designed a pattern and whipped up three.
The boys were concerned that she didn't have pants, or pajamas, or anything else, so I promised them we would outfit her later.
Saturday went well. We played downstairs on a fleece blanket all day. The fleece caught the pee and held it so we could go back and clean it up after we had changed underwear, etc. By Saturday night, he was figuring out how to hold it while he ran to the potty. We've had some ups (at a friend's for a birthday on Monday and no accidents) and downs (peeing twice during a movie). I think this time will work.
The funniest thing is that A. thinks that Rockstar is his doll. He hugs her and screams for her whenever he sees her. F. also thinks that she is his. Me? I'm working on clothing the poor naked thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment