Every once in a while I wonder what the people I knew in high school and college (undergraduate and graduate) are doing. Well, the other day I typed some names into the WWW—in other words I googled them—and I was happy to see some things and not so happy to see others. One friend, still active in the church, is living in NYC with his family and is pursuing the theater. Many more are not active, which saddens me. Maybe it is naive to think of them as the somewhat innocent people I knew in high school, but I am saddened by some of the hard shell that I see in their public image. Of course, I may very well present that same type of shell to others.
I wonder about the etiquette of googleing someone. Are you allowed to/supposed to comment? Do you identify yourself in the comment? I'm not sure what I'll be doing with this, but I'm glad to know that they still are alive and seem happy (even if I don't agree with their form of happiness).
* * *
That said, our older guy has become fascinated with dinosaurs. We picked up two books from the library (All Aboard the Dinotrain and How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?), and he has been obsessed. Today he held his (invisible) green dinosaur's hand as we walked into the rec center for gymnastics. He also insists that he is going to have a green dinosaur birthday cake for his birthday "on Friday." (Try telling an almost-three-year-old that their birthday isn't for 3 weeks; they just don't get it.) We looked up some pictures on-line (tyrannosaurus rex, triceratops, brontosaurus, stegasuarus), but he couldn't decide which were right. He'd say, "This one, Mama," and then change his mind. He also plays dinosaur. It is all pretty funny because we don't have a single dinosaur in the house—at least not yet.
The little one has a new favorite place: he loves to eat the recipe books of the bottom shelf of the baker's rack. He has shredded two magazines and the family cookbooks. It is funny to see him so content there.
No comments:
Post a Comment