Sunday, July 13, 2008

This Post Brought to You by the Letter O

Our biggest guy has started learning his letters in a haphazard fashion. We sing random variations on the alphabet song, where, instead of repeating the letters, we come up with examples on a theme (ABC foods, or ABC names). It is fun, but there are surprise letters that always trick me. (Our guy also loves to help with suggestions: I'll be singing "C is for carrot and cauliflower." He will suggest, "And for Harry the Dirty Dog.")

We know the letters on the bathroom stool, sort of: everything stands for his name, or his friends' names (Q stands for Emmy, R stands for Azul). Occasionally he'll point out a letter on a sign or in a book. Sometimes I'll point to one I'm sure he knows—like S—and he'll be totally off.

About a week ago he came up to me in the kitchen with this:



"An O," he said.

I was immediately impressed, and took the picture. Then a video. I guess that for an hour or so I could brag that my son is a genius.



No comments: