Monday, September 29, 2008

Got gas?

A gas shortage. I have never experienced this anywhere--when there was a gas shortage in Arizona five years ago, we were just moving from Utah and experienced it second-hand (my in-laws met us to help drive the rental truck and my brother-in-law and his wife, who drove them up, took all the family's gas containers to Flagstaff to fill up since there was no gas in Mesa).

Since we don't really have the news, I didn't know that there was a shortage until at book group on Tuesday night, one of the women explained that she had to stop on the way to the meet her husband in the ER to get gas and it took three gas stations to get one with gas. The next morning, on my way back from the doctors, I passed seven gas stations without gas before I found one that still had gas--and the line was only five cars long. I was lucky. Since then the lines have regularly been at least 10 cars long (and there are at least two lines at every gas station--one coming off every entrance--and lines behind each pump). And I overheard some women (who obviously have the news) discussing that we won't have gas for another two weeks.
Who knows how long this will last. Until then, I'm only driving to preschool and church. So, feel free to call anytime. I'll be home.

1 comment:

Swanky Mommy said...

We have the news, but national coverage apparently isn't that great. That is SO crazy--what a world we live in these days.