Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Sandman


Yesterday I let the littlest guy play in the sandbox with his brother for the first time. (Now I was willing to let him play earlier, but he just wasn't interested.) He thought it was great! He only tasted the sand once and didn't like it, but he thought that sweeping it around with his hands was so much fun.

His older brother was very patient with the little guy. He didn't throw sand or dump it outside of the sandbox. He shared his sand toys and was excited that his brother liked the sandbox too. (Of course, that attitude didn't last all day. Eventually he wanted his toys back and was done sharing.) The littlest fussed when I decided that it was enough, and his diaper was filled with sand. He got a quick rinse in the bathroom sink and then went down for a nap.

No comments: