For New Year's this year, we decided to visit the Pink Pig at Macy's. Fifty years ago this original pink pig took children around the department store's Christmas tree, and five years ago, when we moved here, they brought it back. We figured, since this is our last year here (fingers crossed), why not go out with a bang.

We had a coupon for buy one get one free rides, and we went at 10:00 New Year's Day to ride, and somehow Macy's and the operators of the pig had miscommunicated. Macy's had opening time listed as 10:00 and were selling tickets inside the mall. The operators had opening time listed as 12:00 and were no where to be found. Both times were posted all over the mall. So we had to kill time in the mall (thanks Pottery Barn Kids for being tolerant) for two hours. But we were the first in line and got to ride at the front of the train for the first ride.

The boys, big and small, had fun.


So did I.
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
I remember the time when I came to visit you for Thanksgiving and we talked about going to see the Pig. I'm so glad you finally got to go! You've got to love local wonder.
Speaking of wonder, Anthony was wondering if you wanted some visitors. He has a Jiu-Jitsu tournament in Atlanta in March, I think. Shannon and I MIGHT be able to come, too, and we'd love to see you guys!
Post a Comment