Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Watch out, Martha! Here I (slowly) come.

When people think of crafty, capable people, they often first think of Martha Stewart (or her aides). Why? Because she can get something done so quickly. I mean, think of it. When she shows you how to make something she has some light-speed something that completes in minutes what takes normal people hours, day, weeks, or months to finish. An intricate quilt using a piecing style she has never used before--15 minutes, including the commercial break; Danish pastries--10 minutes, including the sampling at the end; lounge pants out of left-over fleece made without a pattern--2 minutes and they would fit perfectly.

Watch out, Martha!

I have finished the youngest's baby quilt. (No really. I promise. I am almost done. The binding is sewn on one side and pinned on the back, and I will have it done before I go to bed tonight. No really, I promise!)







I made pastries on Friday/Saturday for a friend's baby shower.




I made fleece pants for the oldest (he doesn't like snaps or buttons) on Saturday night. I have more pants cut out and I am going to start the infamous boys sweaters--or one of them--tomorrow. And I'm making dinner for my family, keeping the laundry up, doing the grocery shopping, learning about our future city, writing a prospectus/dissertation, and playing with the boys.
I'd like to see Martha Stewart try to do all that.

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

You're better than Martha Stewart!! The quilt looks so good, I am honored to have been the reason for making pastries (they were so yummy!!), and can't wait to see a pic of the fleece pants. You go girl!

Danielle Strong said...

You are so cute. Wow that quilt is amazing. I love the dog theme too.

Alayne said...

So I was just catching up on some blog reading while I am taking a break from sewing costumes for the roadshow......All I have to say is your quilt is ADORABLE! You are talented!
I also love the little aquarium you and your oldest created. I may have to borrow your idea :)