I had had a bad back day, so I sent the boys trick or treating with their dad. We weren't really interested in the candy--though my husband and I have enjoyed digging through their treat buckets for a late night snack--we really wanted to try and get to know our neighbors. (Interestingly enough, all of our "neighbors" weren't doing the trick or treating. They had disappeared before trick or treating officially began. Though one couple brought over Halloween treats for the boys because the couple knew they weren't going to be handing out candy.)
The boys ended up trick or treating for about 30 minutes--10 or 15 houses. My husband was surprised at how little people interacted with the costumed children, and the children who sacrificed to walk to the end of the cul-de-sac to knock on our door--remember, we were the only ones in the cul-de-sac handing out candy, and we are at the back--were surprised that we commented on their costumes. The oldest arrived back home first, and the youngest was last. I had to snap a picture of him, sans hat, with cold clown nose.
1 comment:
Oh Cecily, how sad that they didnt get oohed and aahed over like they should have. And to be the only house passing out candy is no fun either. But they are adorable and probably didnt know any better (I hope). Next year, find a great neighborhood with more kids in it, like we do. :)
Post a Comment