
Sunday was the first time that we had blessed one of our children in our own ward and away from family. There was a lot of sweetness to focusing on this as the big moment and not feeling like it was getting fit in. My dear husband spent the week preparing for the blessing, the family home evening lesson last Monday was about baby blessings, and we were able to invite some friends of another faith to attend with us. (They stood in as family.)

It was a wonderful blessing, even though A-- cried through the whole thing. My dear visiting teacher took notes for me, which answered a prayer I muttered as I frantically dug in vain through the diaper bag, looking for a pen. Among other things, he was blessed to be a peacemaker and a joy.

His outfit is semi-homemade. I didn't have the foresight, time, or energy to knit the sweater and hat, but they were too big so I sized them down. I also learned to sew on knit materials by making the footed pants.

A-- had wet through his pants before church was over, so the family pictures we intended to take are missing. We'll get some a little later.
2 comments:
We Blessed our little guys on the same day!!! And I noticed- in very similar outfits too. For some reason that just makes me happy that our little guys shared that day. I'm glad it was a nice event for you. It was a lovely day for us as well.
He is such a cutie. And I am glad your little prayer was answered. Wish we could have been there. We need to see you guys this summer, maybe.
Post a Comment