Tuesday, February 9, 2010

To Pee or Not to Pee . . .

Friday afternoon F-- decided that he was done with diapers. For the umpteenth time in three days, he started screaming and squirming and grabbing and throwing and hitting and crying while I changed his diaper. There was no rash. I was not dilly-dallying. But he was done. So I asked him if he wanted to start learning to go potty in the potty, went to the basement, fished the training pants out of a bucket, and started potty training. I wasn't planning on doing this so soon. I was hoping for warmer weather and an older infant. No such luck. It will probably take a while.

It has been a messy first few days if only because F-- has some runny poops right now. And our house isn't the warmest place on the planet--far from it actually. But we came up with a way to keep little legs warm--my knee-high socks with the ties cut out.

F-- doesn't complain about his nap-time and bedtime diapers. He also likes the idea of special "church" underwear. Wish us luck.

No comments: