As I mentioned before, F-- has decided not to wear diapers anymore. For a while we succeeded in keeping him in diapers by tucking him into onesies and safety pinning his pjs, but about 9 days ago he started fighting (literally) me every time I tried to change his diaper. It would take 10 minutes and end with me holding his upper body down with my leg and his legs down with another leg and trying to keep him from twisting out of the waist with one hand while I put together a prefold diaper and cover with one hand. It didn't always work. I decided not to fight it. Instead I pulled out the training pants.
Well everything was going swimmingly, until Thursday of this week. After playing with a friend in the morning, we came home for quiet time. And he went down like a champ, or so I thought. About 15 minutes in to his "nap" I started to hear him playing in his room. I was frustrated that he would be a very tired boy that afternoon, but kept him in quiet time for an hour. When I went in to get him up, I was shocked. He had pulled off his underwear (no naptime diapers for him) and pooped on the floor. Then he played in that poop, smearing it on the floor with his hands and feet, rubbing it into the laundry in his closet, and running it through the Geo-Trax station that his brother is currently insisting is their clock. It was everywhere. And it had dried everywhere.
Luckily, S-- kept an eye on A-- in the swing while I pulled out the chemicals (there goes my green ideals) and cleaned everything, starting with a very poopy little boy.
The next day, he pooped before he got out of bed after his nap, but I caught him before he could do anything.
ARGH! S-- never did anything like this. I was unprepared.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Henry did something like that one night when he was supposed to be going to bed. We threw away an area rug instead of trying to clean it. I have heard other horror stories too--so it is somewhat normal. Good luck with this hard stage--you can do it!!
Being a mom is never boring, and unfortuneatly it is hardly ever clean.
Post a Comment